In case you hadn't noticed, the world (or at least a small but important part of it) is responding to a chord change:
- Das längste Musikstück der Welt hat am gestrigen Tag drei weitere Töne bekommen. Das Stück "As slow as possible" (So langsam wie möglich) von John Cage bekam nun zum E-Dur-Akkord noch ein A, ein C und ein Fis dazu. sternshortnews ...as if I understand that.
- Then in July 2004, two additional Es, an octave apart, were sounded and are scheduled to be released later this year on May 5. But at 5:00 pm (1600 GMT) on Thursday, the first chord was due to progress to a second -- comprising A, C and F-sharp. Yahoo! News ...let's see. it's 1600 GMT minus 8 or is it plus 8 or is it plus 9 since we are no longer observing dst or is it an extra 30 minutes if you are in India or is it now Friday or was it last or next Thursday or ...
- Can you imagine how many psychotropic substances are being passed around the general admission lawn seats at this concert during its run? The Good Reverend ...who is also allegedly a good destination for your fire ant torture searches.
- Could you imagine a single piece of music extending longer than any person's life? John Cage (1912-1992) did. He titled it "organ2/ASLSP" (or "As SLow aS Possible"). TheUtah A&E "Music, movies, and the world of celebrities--debunked." ...is john cage a celebrity? that never occurred to me before but the answer is obviously yes.
- I'm sorry but this John Cage guy sounds like he was one of those totally talentless people who knew they had to do something ridiculous and call it "art" in order to be called an artist. That said, this is the silliest thing I think i've ever read. In recent memory anyway. Delirium Zer0 ...the kids these days.
- Stretching the performance to 639 years was a masterstroke on the part of the arrangers. I won't regurgitate the article, but the design of the organ itself is inextricably tied to the performance and the length. What a beautiful interpretation. electric counterpoint ...thanks for not regurgitating and for making an interesting point about the performance.
- I consider myself an optimist. In fact, I'm usually pretty happy if the glass has anything in it, even if it's primarily backwash sediment, but I do have to say that there are obviously some people out there that really exemplify optimism. Take the organizers of the John Cage Organ Project, for example. ...for the record, people seldom say I exemplify optimism. nd Blook
- john cage is one artist i could never figure out, and now i know why. Captain's Dead ...the kids these days; i will say i've heard the music of wilco and stephen malkmus, not to taint them.
- You know, part of me really loves John Cage. aberrantgirl ...sounds reasonable, via aworks 2004.