The music of What You Will Wear, from the larger work A Book of Days is a simple, short gallop. The text makes a fashion statement, or more precisely, makes a statement on fashion and is attributed to a saying by Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas, in a Greek version found in 1898 and a Coptic version in 1945.
• MP3. Note that this MP3 is titled "Do Not Be Concerned" and the one on my hard disk is "What You Will Wear." I assume they are the same but I'm on dialup so it's going to take me awhile to confirm that.
• The first records I had were Copland and Stravinsky. Eve Beglarian
• Wolfe, Gordon, and Lang have developed a kind of house style, which is shared to a greater or lesser degree by colleagues such as Eve Beglarian, Annie Gosfield, Mikel Rouse, Lois Vierk, and the multitasking Ziporyn. Alex Ross
• "Eclectic Minimalism works wonders", a recent review by Josef Woodard of the composer's Book of Days.
• Wikipedia's neutral point of view article on the Gospel of Thomas.
• Commentary on the Gospel of Thomas Saying 36.