In the New York Times, Anthony Tommasini highlights some upcoming contemporary performances:
- Interventions. Elliott Carter. To be played on Carter's 100th birthday.
- Rhapsodies. Stephen Stucky. On the night after the NY Philharmonic's gala.
- August 4, 1964. Stephen Stucky. On that day, the Gulf of Tonkin incident and civil rights works killed in Mississippi.
- The World in Flower. Peter Lieberson. The premiere was delayed due to the death of the composer's wife and his own battles with cancer.
- new work. William Bolcom. Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center's "Coming Home".
- new work. George Tsontakis. same.
- Doctor Atomic. John Adams. "Though not a premiere, “Doctor Atomic” signals an emerging interest in new opera at the Met. It’s about time."