- The Walrus in Memorium. Terry Riley. Gloria Cheng
- Bass Line. Mary Ellen Childs
- A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond. Captain Beefheart - Meridian Arts Ensemble
- La voix du Boulgou. Burkina Electric
- A Breeze Brings.... Scott Smallwood - PLOrk: Princeton Laptop Orchestra
With the Riley, I continue my mediated boomer nostalgia. By the way, Harvard Business Review blogs about our current Generation-X president...Bass Line starts out dour and ends raucously...The Meridian Arts Ensemble make this Beefheart song sound almost stately...Burkina Electric is a new "21st-century" African/European group including Lukas Ligeti...It's not a great recording (MP3) but I like this laptop piece even as I wonder how much if any of it is improvised.