- When Will the Blues Leave? Archie Shepp
- Space. Butthole Surfers
- Liquid and Stellar Music. Paul Dresher
- Koyaanisqatsi. Philip Glass
- Ange Des Orages. Philip Glass
- Music in Similar Motion. Philip Glass
Shepp: When Will the Blues Leave? is an old Ornette Coleman tune (and happy 80th birthday to Ornette).
Surfers: Space is a rock instrumental that sounds particularly good when driving on 880 in heavy traffic.
Dresher: And Liquid and Stellar Music is what it sounds like after leaving the earth's atmosphere (or the equivalent drive over the Dumbarton Bridge after getting past 880).
Glass: My Philip Glass rotation may be morphing from last year's The Hours, Music in Twelve Parts, and Dracula to Koyaanisqatsi, String Quartet No. 2 and possibly Music in Similar Motion.