Cover of Sandy Denny
- Soundgarden. Live on I-5. "There’s nothing too exceptional about Live on the I-5, but given that this is the first new release from the recent reincarnation of Soundgarden, it’s worth a listen." Karina Halle. Oakland isn't really on (the) I-5, by the way.
- TV on the Radio. Will Do
- The Rough Guide to African Guitar Legends. "This week I am compiling the forthcoming Rough Guide to African Guitar Legends - the perfect excuse to spend a few evenings trawling through my African LPs in search of that half-forgotten gem!" Phil Stanton
- Gablé. CuTe HoRSe CuT. "French art-pop pioneers Gablé have caused a significant stir of late." midheaven
- Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny. Ebbets Field 1974
- Amy Schwartz Moretti. Kaleidoscope
- Charlie Haden Quartet West. Sophisticated Ladies. "Listening to it from the beginning to the end is like being trapped in a dream with a twisty plot that draws you deeper and deeper into a period Hollywood fantasy of the bad and the beautiful." Stephen Holden
- Duke Ellington. Duke in Live
- John Renbourn. The Transatlantic Anthology
- Duke Ellington. Satin Doll
- Lou Donaldson. Say It Loud
- Hungarian String Quartet. Haydn - String Quartets
- Shinji Ishihara. Bach In Musical Box 92
- Various. Gershwin
- Charles Davis All Stars. Tribute to Kenny Dorham
- Daniel Hope. The Romantic Violinist
- Valerie Milot. Chamber Music for Harp
- Frederica von Stade. Faure Melodies
- Glen C. Campbell. Obama, The Journey
Nothing earth-shaking in this week's list.
I made it through 11 albums from last week, with Art Blakey and The Virtuoso Tuba being the most memorable. Now that Purdue has flamed out in the NCAA basketball tournament, I'll have more time for streaming and listening.
This week's favorites (so far):