- "Commissioned by Sonic Generator and GLO ATL part of the ballet 'Cycles'." Daniel Wohl
- "The music is both aggressive and gorgeous." Tom Huizenga/NPR
- "“Formless” is marked by the ebbs and flows of a muffled beat, recalling the loop-based works of William Basinski and ambient techno explorations of Wolfgang Voigt." Fringe Arts
- 'Elsewhere, the Mivos Quartet—the same group who pairs up so winningly with Mantra Percussion on "Progression"—have much less to do during "Formless."' Seth Colter Walls/Pitchfork. Album as a whole got a 7.7 rating.
- "Wohl’s Formless, which closed the set, evoked a slithery swamp creature, but a rather pretty one, bemoaned by Lee’s viola." Jeff Kaliss/San Francisco Classical Voice. Review of a Switchboard Music Festival concert in San Francisco, with a performance by the Del Sol String Quartet.