Cover of Eric Dolphy
- Bee Vamp. Eric Dolphy. At the Five Spot, Vol. 1
- The Prophet. Eric Dolphy. At the Five Spot, Vol. 1
- Fantasia after J.S. Bach. Ferruccio Busoni. John Ogdon
- Piano Concerto. Beth Anderson. Joseph Kubera
- Uh...It All Happened So Fast. Todd Reynolds. Ethel
Serenata. Ferruccio Busoni. Lowri Blake
- Sarabande und Cortege, "2 Studies on Doktor Faust". Ferruccio Busoni. Carlo Maria Giulini
The Dolphy tracks have fiery live solos from Eric Dolphy and Booker Little but the audience's level of applause is polite at best. Maybe sixties jazz fans were cooler than current ones.
Although Dolphy's work is sometimes classified as free jazz, his compositions and solos were often rooted in conventional (if highly abstracted) tonal bebop harmony.
I find Dolphy more rewarding right now compared to Ornette Coleman. Maybe that's why.