Cover of E.N.D. (The Energy Never Dies)
Here are the web streams I purchased that are good enough that I am repurchasing them from lala in MP3 format before the site goes offline Monday. To Apple's credit, they will be granting credit at the iTunes store for the equivalent of what people spent on streaming lala tracks.
- The Anvil Chorus. David Lang. Joseph Gramley - American Deconstruction. It took a decade but I can now enjoy this percussion work.
- Aaron Copland (From "13 Portraits For Piano"). Virgil Thomson. Leo Smits - A Crazy Quilt Of American Piano Music. Tracks with musician names in the title still interest me. See also John McLaughlin by Miles Davis from Bitches Brew.
- El Salon Mexico. Aaron Copland. Talkin' Verve: Lalo Schifrin. Jazz swing version.
- Ez Street Ext. Moon Duo - Ez Street Ext. Wooden Shjips side project.
- Summertime. The Doors - Live At The Matrix. "When the music's over / Turn out the Lights". Wait, that's a different song.
- The Noise Between Thoughts and Washed by Fire. Keeril Makan. Kronos Quartet - In Sound
- Threads. Paul Dresher Ensemble Electro-Acoustic Band - In Sound
- Boom Boom Pow. Black Eyed Peas - THE E.N.D. (THE ENERGY NEVER DIES). Souvenir from the recent 4th grade father/daughter dance.
- Heart Shaped Box (Nirvana). Christopher O'Riley. O'Riley's best rock piano interpretation?
- North By Northwest: “The Wild Ride”. Bernard Herrmann. The 5 Browns In Hollywood. The 5 Brown's best popular classical piano interpretation?
- Lovely. Marghreta Cordero / Melody Sumner Carnahan - The Time Is Now. I found the used CD since I bought this track. Also music by Robert Ashley, Elodie Lauten and others.
- Downtown. Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Co. - Like A Duck To Water. I also heard this last month on Pandora.
Uh oh, it looks like the Rasputin Music store in Mountain View (i.e. the former Tower Records store) is up for lease again.