We are almost done with lala and for me anyway, it is going away with a whimper. I don't think I'm going to make it through all of the six hundred songs I bought and I haven't made a last dash to listen to all those things I've been meaning to before time is up.
All in all, the demise of lala has been nowhere near as fun as the progressive sales at the end of Tower Music. Oh well.
Recent listens that still strike my interest:
- Anything by Dr. Lonnie Smith, even the Beck covers.
- Lowell Lieberman piano music.
- Joshua Rifkin does Baroque Beatles.
- John Fahey plays Layla.
- "World" music by Jordi Savall.
Other things I would listen to if I have enough time:
- Via Calimac, an old favorite including Decomposing Composers.
- the "new" Rolling Stones album
- El Nuevo Mundo by Jordi Savall
- music by Timothy Andres
- In Mobile Age, Sound Quality Steps Back
- On the playlist, or hardly knew you, Lala
- Is Bruce Springsteen Inadvertently Ripping off his Blue Collar Fans?
- Amazon elbows its way back into number two music sales slot
- Reid Benditt on Music Choice
- 10 excuses for disappointing record sales