- mspot ("music that follows you") and the technicalities of copy to cloud. digital music news
- "Music Is Not Our Currency" CreativeDeconstruction
- Apple gains in music sales. AppleInsider
- "TunesRights Opens Song Investment Marketplace". hypebot.com
- "Spotify is offering access to the most well-organized, comprehensive catalog of music ever assembled in history. So why are they being forced to beg?...music downstream must be free" digital music news
- "Labels like Warner Music Group are concerned that on-demand free access will take value out of the market by giving music fans who today are still buying CDs and even digital albums a cheaper alternative that ultimately reduces their bottom line rather than increasing it." billboard
I have to say, once Tower Records went down the drain, buying a new, list-price CD has become the exception rather than the norm. And I almost never buy a full digital album. I still frequent Amoeba and Rasputin as often as I can, but the average cost per trip continues to decline.
Yay, used CDs. Sorry, record labels. Good bye, lala.