Steve Reich clapping via Wikipedia
- Three Tales. Leo Ornstein. Piano work as played by Sarah Cahill. I take it these were composed in 1977, when the composer was in his eighties. He lived to be 108. Note that John Coltrane and Jimmy Smith both attended his music school in Philadelphia.
- Achille's Heel. Colin Jacobsen. From a new recording by the string quartet Brooklyn Ryder.
- Daniel Variations. Steve Reich. Pays homage to Daniel Pearl, the journalist murdered in Pakistan. One of the sections of the piece is title I Sure Hope Gabriel Likes My Music, When the Day Is Done. Wikipedia writes that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed says he did the actual beheading of Pearl.
- Electric Rags II. One And Amino Acids When In But Out But from this work could be Ornette Coleman having a nightmare. Disturbing and interesting music for saxophone.
- Variations for Vibes, Pianos & Strings. Steve Reich. Lacks the zest of his other, similar pieces.