To get out of my listening rut, I decided to create a playlist of MP3 tracks I haven't played yet. Then I sorted them by composer name but in reverse alphabetical order. That's to avoid immediately jumping into all those Aaron Copland works:
- Duo. Zoltan Kodaly. From the album of the name similar to that novel I never finished reading in high school, Music For A Glass Bead Game.
- Yes, I'm a Witch. Yoko Ono. From a CD where various indie pop acts remix Yoko songs (DJ Spooky, the Brother Brothers, Cat Power etc.). Mostly not that pleasant to listen to.
- Métaux. Iannis Xenakis. From a percussion record of the composer's music, this may be one of the few Xénakis works I'd like to hear again.
- The Fourth Blind Wound . Since I've never heard of the composer, Wrest, nor the metal group, Leviathan/Sapthuran, I can't explain why I have this track.
- Blindspot. Yannis Kyriakides. I recognize the artist, Ice Breaker, but not the composer.
- Uh oh, 72 Wolfgang A. Mozart tracks up next. This playlist is not going as well as I hoped...