Here's a list of my most played albums in the last six months, as seen by last.fm anyway:
- Jeff Parker. The Relatives.
- George Antheil. Fighting the Waves.
- World Saxophone Quartet. Plays Duke Ellington.
- Oasis. Wonderwall EP.
- Robert Taub. Milton Babbitt: Piano Works.
- Skip James. Complete Early Recordings.
- Various. Complete Songs of Charles Ives, Volume 4.
- Charles Wuorinen. Lepton.
- Jessica Lurie. Licorice & Smoke.
- Bert Jansch and John Renbourn. After the Dance.
This doesn't include lala, CD-Rs I listened to after the iPod wash machine fiasco etc., but it is reasonably representative. Still, this is probably the first time I've admitted in public I listen to both Milton Babbitt and Oasis.
Parker and Lurie are jazz artists new to me. Jansch and Renbourn are (presumably) still living British folksters although I can't explain how I discovered that particular album. Oh wait, they did a great rendition of Mingus' Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (streaming on lala here)...