Oh, how it was duusk!
From Vallee Maraia to Grasyaplainia,
A dew! Ah dew! It was so duusk
that the tears of night beagn to fall,
first by ones and twos,
then by threes and fours,
at last by fives and sixes of sevens,
for the tired ones were wecking,
as we weep now with them.
O! O! O! Par la pluie! . . .
Accompanied by Blaise Bryski on piano, she sang various other songs:
• Four Songs, Op. 13 - Agee, Yeats, et al.
• Melodies Passageres, Op. 27 - Rilke
• Two Songs, Op. 18 - Horan, Villa
• Three Songs Op. 10 - Joyce
• Three Songs, Op. 2 - Stephens, Housman
• Despite and Still, Op. 41 - Graves, Roethke, Joyce
The second Three Songs was particularly dramatic, both in voice and piano.
Disclaimer: I can't speak for the first three songs as I was inexplicably late to the concert. Argh.